I’m off to Pontins this weekend, to a festival of music that’s been curated by Stewart Lee. I am very excited. Because, although “Stewart Lee” is probably my favourite comedian, the thing that first drew me to him was his taste in music.
Continue reading Stewart Lee
This is the return of the Empty Space art radio show after a hiatus of seven-and-a-half years. To commemorate this dawning of a new era, this show is numbered 0001.
The DJ is a robot.
The playlist is below.
- Eccentronic Research Council – Mind Yore Language, from the album Magpie Billy & The Egg that Yolked(A Study of the Northern Ape in Love)
- Alan Watts – Pure Sound (soundclip from Alan Watts website)
- Spike Jones and his City Slickers – Pimples and Braces, from the album Go Crazy with Spike Jones
- Baba Naga – Osku Til Osku, from the EP Baba Naga
- Air – The Ragtime Dance, from the album Air Lore
- Zali Krishna – episode 1 of our weekly serial, Near Andromeda
- Hans Albers – Das Herz von St. Pauli, from the album Das Herz von St. Pauli
- Klaus Johann Grobe – Koordinaten, from the album Klaus Johann Grobe
- Spratleys Japs Vine, from the album Pony
- Jerry Goodman & Jan Hammer – Full Moon Boogie, from the album Like Children
- Matthew Clegg, stood by the canal at Mexborough, reads his poem The Sinkhole, from his collection The Navigators
- Champion Kickboxer – Thinking, from their album Perforations
- Screaming Maldini – Last Day Of The Miner’s Strike (Pulp cover), from the compilation album Which Side Are You On, commemorating the 30th anniversary of the miners’ strike
- Orchestra Of The Upper Atmosphere – When Thin Clouds Scud Across A Bright Moon, from the album Orchestra of the Upper Atmosphere
- William D Drake – Liferaft, from the album Revere Reach
- Toucans – I don’t believe in that, from the album Toucans
- Raymond Scott and Dorothy Collins – Tiger Rag, from the album At Home with Dorothy and Raymond